Seeing the Light
Linda A. Doll, AWS, NWS
October 18 - 22
9:30 – 4:00 p.m.
Artists' Showplace Gallery is proud to offer an exciting workshop to watercolor artists in the Dallas/ Fort Worth Metroplex.
Linda Doll teaches workshops and seminars throughout the US, Mexico, Canada, France, Italy, Greece, Spain, Ireland and Bali. She is the past President and Life Member of the National Watercolor Society, a past Board Member of the American Watercolor Society, a past Board member of Watercolor West. She is also an elected Life Member of the San Diego Watercolor Society.
Her paintings and drawings are included in many books and have been used by several magazines for their covers. Linda Doll is included in the Who’s Who in American Art and the Who’s Who of American Women.
At the workshop, Linda Doll will focus on:
- Understanding, seeing, and capturing sunlight, shade and shadow
- Exploring the basics of abstract design
- Using color inventively
- Using a grid to enlarge sketches
- Using previous sketches,old or new paintings or photos
- Working with a camera as a second sketchbook
- Developing a personal painting style
Beginners are welcome and advanced students will be given individual challenges.
Workshop spaces are reserved in the order the deposit is received. Deposit is refunded if the workshop is cancelled. The balance is due 30 days before the start of the workshop
Click to see more of Linda’s work.
- Paper: 13 sheets of any watercolor paper-half, quarter or eighth sheet (Linda uses rough paper)
- Painting Board: 3 to 4 light-weight foam core or cardboard
- Brushes: Whatever you already own
- Pigment: Staining colors – any brand. Suggested colors include:
- Winsor Newton Permanent Rose
- Winsor Blue(Green shade)
- Winsor Lemon or Winsor Yellow
- Winsor Newton Titanium White
- Sketchbook: Any that you have. Linda uses Komtrack Inspiral Refillable
- Tracing Paper: 11x15"pad
- Scotch Tape and white artist tape
- Silver marker
- Eraser white soft, or kneaded
- Sanford Sharpie Marker "Fine”, Black or Brown
- Small Exacto knife or razor blade
- Architect ruling pen (you can use Linda's)
- Water container
- Roll of Toilet Tissue
- REFERENCE MATERIAL: It is very important to bring photos of any subject. Back-lit and back side-lit subjects that have not been taken on a gray day, or with a flash, work best.
If you have any further questions call Teta Smith at 214-244-9449.
Return from Linda Doll's Workshop to Home